Jeju Island, South Korea.

Next stop: Jeju Island, which I started thinking of as South Korea’s Hawaii. Beautiful place, with lots of foliage and beaches. I spent most of the time in Seogwipo on the south side, but we also spent an evening in the city of Jeju for a pre-wedding celebration [two Americans who came together to teach for a year and are going to get married in Samoa]. I hung out with a lot of Canadians [I think Shelby has been hanging out with them too much – she’s starting to say “out” funny].



Oedolgae ["way-dul-gay"], one of the many beautiful areas on the island to go for a dip.




I went to school with Shelby for a day. This is her English classroom.




School lunch!




In the cafeteria.




This is the phallic dude I mentioned earlier – he even guards the produce.




Pre-packaged octopus. At this point Shelby got embarrassed that I was taking pictures in the grocery store so I stopped. No fun.




The beach where some people may or may not have skinny dipped after the pre-wedding celebration.





My last full day, we went in search of a waterfall. The first one we stopped at only flows when there’s been enough rain – but it wasn’t going that day. But the area was still gorgeous.




We then went to a waterfall that always flows – success!




Seogwipo from the tenth floor of the Metro building.




It’s true, I did love having me there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment