Norwich: more music.

The Norwich Arts Centre is really great. Independent, supporting local culture, all that good hippie-meets-yuppie kind of stuff.

While there to see one of the comedians, I noticed a poster for Jenny and Johnny - that is, Jenny Lewis of Rilo Kiley and a few other projects and her boyfriend Johnathan Rice, who also, um, does some stuff.

Ella couldn't go, so I went alone, but it turns out reading a print version of the Onion in a country that doesn't have print versions of the Onion is a good conversation-starter. I felt a little bad for letting the guy down [who apparently had gone to uni in Seattle] when I told him I had brought it over from the US and they haven't started printing it in the UK or anything. They should look into it, though - I think it'd go over well.



The opening band, La Sera. Not bad, actually. I wanted to buy their album after the show, but they didn't have any CDs left.




Jenny. I may or may not have a girl crush.




Johnny.


===



Remember that Danish death indie band we bumped into in the street? They had been booked by wombatwombat, which puts on shows at the Norwich Arts Centre every couple of months. They were celebrating their tenth anniversary in December, so we hit up their birthday party.



Brothers, an all-girl band from Norwich that Ella couldn't really get into, but I kind of liked - they reminded me a little bit of Le Tigre.




Bearsuit, also from Norwich, and great fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment