Norwich: wrap-up.

Something I really had to get used to was everyone asking me, "You alright?" In the US, you usually ask that if you think someone might not be alright. In the UK, though, it's just a "hey, how's it going?" kind of greeting. It's said in that same greeting tone, too, but the words still, for half a second, always made me wonder whether I looked particularly sad or something.

===


Now is the time for a humooooooooooongous shout out and thank you to Ella, who put me up - and put up with me - for two and a half whole months. And cooked incredibly delicious meals for me the whole time, too! She's a saint, a chef, and an amazing friend. Thank you!!!

===


And then I think there were some other things I wanted to mention, but man, England was a long time ago. I don't remember those things anymore.

===



And in closing...Fuggles Yard? Hahahaha. Oh, Brits and their words/names that sound funny. Another example: there's a town in Ireland [which, yes, is not part of Great Britain, but it is part of the British Isles and is therefore included in this edition of "Oh, Brits and their words/names that sound funny"] called Dingle. Dingle! Adorable/hilarious.



P.S. Extra credit: read the wikipedia article about terminology of the British Isles until your head hurts. I didn't get very far.


P.P.S. Fresh, new New York Times article about Norwich! It shouldn't make your head hurt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment