Norwich, England!

I don't know whether it was because I'd been in Germany for so long or because the accent sounds so delightful when people say, "Alright, love?" - but everyone in Norwich seemed really really nice. Sometimes a little too nice - although Ella claims it doesn't usually happen, I was really freaked out when all the servers practically swarmed all over us at Wagamama...several different people offered to take our drink orders, several more offered to take our dessert orders, and in between people were bringing us dishes and whisking them away again at an alarming rate. Too much customer service, too much!

I love pubs. There weren't too many places in Freiburg where you could just sit down with a [slightly too warm] beer and chill with friends, occasionally bringing the barkeep into the conversation and meeting new people.

When we went out, women's fashion transported me back to the 80s. And/or to a tropical island [well, at least they got the "island" part right] - apparently English women are known for wearing very little clothing no matter what the temperature.

One day, Ella, Charlie, and I went to Cromer, a town on the seaside. To celebrate the day, and since I needed a pen anyway, I bought a souvenir pen that proudly states, "I went crabbin' in Cromer!"


I had fish and chips - and those of you who know about my current struggle to learn to like fish will be glad to know that I ate it all!



Coxswain Blogg and crabs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment