Japan: America[ns] in Chiba.


Sarah and I hung out with Fred, an elementary school friend, in Chiba, an area that's partnered with Wisconsin for school exchanges and so on. We did a tour of American restaurants. [Two restaurants counts as a "tour." Just go with it.] Our first stop was Pantry Coyote, or, as the menu says, "the storge [sic] of food of the prairie wolf."




They had big, delicious burgers.




Shark! Not necessarily American.




Next stop: Hartley, the cowboy restaurant.




Americuuuuuuuh.




Did you know that cowboys used chopsticks? Now you know!




After all the Americanness, we needed some Japaneseness, so we went to a karaoke place. We passed a Burning Building on the way, but no one was putting it out. What's the point of the sign if no one cares?




Karaoke room - we snuck some booze in [my classy choice was a bottle of Franzia] so we didn't have to pay their high prices. Don't tell them.




Just to make them hate me a little, I made Fred and Sarah sing Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber. But I made up for it by also choosing "Come Together," which I bet is one of the least frequently chosen Beatles karaoke songs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment