Cambodia: my favorite picture.

Somehow I managed to not pack either of the two camera battery chargers I had, so for most of the trip I relied on stumbling upon other people who had the right charger. It worked until I hit Cambodia, and halfway through both of my batteries died with no charger in sight. I was halfheartedly checking out a camera store in Ban Lung, not really expecting to find either another battery or the right charger, when lo, my eyes did light upon ye olde disposable camera. Real film! How fun!

A couple hours later, I opened the box to check it out. The box said it was supposed to have 27 exposures. The counter on the camera was already down to 18.

I didn't get too upset about being ripped off of a third of the pictures - it happens. My main concern was what was on the Missing Nine. Cambodian naughty bits? I was nervous about getting the film developed once I took the pictures that had so considerately been left to me. I ended up getting them developed in Japan, because, you know, they've probably seen it all.

All of them were some variation on this picture, presumably the shop owner's wife and daughter:



My favorite part of my favorite picture is that you can see in the picture that the baby is actually playing with the box for the disposable camera. Really? Really?!? Just rub some salt right into that wound, why don't you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment