Seoul, South Korea.

While Jake was teaching, I went to Seoul for a day to try [and fail, as it turned out] to figure out a visa to China. After not having any luck with that, I looked around a little – although not much, since I was still just generally lacking energy.



That name just brings to mind things I don’t really want associated with something I might drink.













The National Palace Museum, where I also had lunch – some cheesy pumpkin thing, which tasted better than the combination might sound. But since I heard from several foreigners that it’s difficult to find pumpkin there, and since dairy isn’t a big thing there because a high number of Asians are lactose intolerant, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a traditional dish.




A replica of an area for placenta jars back in the good ol’ days of the empire.
The museum also had some seals from Emperor Gojong from the late 19th to early 20th century. One of them read, “Early rise.” Eh, not my style. The second one: “When the country is run well, people live long in harmony.” Okay, yeah, I can get behind that. The third one: “You can eat, drink, be healthy and live long.” Now you’re talkin’!




Nap time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment