Los Angeles: food.


The Griddle Cafe on Sunset. Humongous and crazy pancakes - candy bar toppings and things like that. I stuck with the classic banana. Unfortunately went here before I learned Captain Wally Fingers' time-saving pancake-eating technique.


===






Cheeseburger and a beer at Carney's, an LA institution - a burger and hot dog place in a train car on Sunset.


===



Burgers at Father's Office, where I discovered my love for sweet potato fries.


===


I also had plenty of Mexican [I could've had some in some of the countries I passed through, but especially since I knew California would be my first stop in the US, I abstained so it would be that much better when I had my first Mexican meal in Long Beach - and ooooh, it was soooo good!], a couple awesome cupcakes [there were cupcake and donut places all over the damn city], some filling Indian food, and and and... It's a shame that McDonald's and the like is all people in the rest of the world really know about US food culture, because it's actually really great - a wide range of delicious "ethnic" cuisine, quality burgers, lots of cafes focusing on local and seasonal food, well-done microbrews and wine...

0 comments:

Post a Comment